Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Roundup & World Cup Fun!

I'm sure you've already seen this picture from the New York Post after the USA v Eng-ger-land match.


People have been really fired up about this, it almost single handedly shut down Twitter. People were outraged, calling Americans stupid, saying that we didn't win the battle of Bunker Hill, (which is true), and radio personalities not understanding and hating the concept of a 'tie'. PGA Tour pro Ian Poulter had this to say from his twitter account. 
IanJamesPoulter Come on American how stupid are you, really. Britain you played England for Christ sake.
I admit, when I first saw the headline, I laughed and thought the New York Post was off their rocker a bit, but then I came across this story written by tumbler. It brings up a piece of our own history during a football game between Yale and Harvard that ended in a 26-26 tie. Yale was the heavy favorite, just like England, and Harvard managed a tie which ruined Yale's perfect season run, thus the tie felt very much like a win. So the New York Post used their wit and got the better of a lot of people Sunday morning.

- - - - -

I am pretty much numb to the sound of the vuvuzela by now. Don't get me wrong, I still hear it, and my ears are still bleeding, by "numb" I mean it drains all of my energy and renders me useless. But this hasn't stopped hip-hop icon Kayne West from getting his hands on one.

Countdown to the day the self proclaimed musical genius is pumping the sweet sound in one of his new tracks. "I can't hear my vuvu....yo, turn that vuvu up dog."

Here is Stu Holden of USA giving us a tour of the teams sweet game room.




If your looking for a good book on footy, I suggest this one by Franklin Foer.

Awesome article to show your friends who don't like soccer and don't understand draws. - Daves Football Blog -

Ghana is the clear winner for the best banner so far in the World Cup. - From A Left Wing -

Take a look at the new Portland Timbers logo. - Pitch Invasion -

Rooney peeing on a golf course. - Dirty Tackle -

Clint Dempsey's name looks a little different on ESPN - Deadspin -

Andres Iniesta, another vuvuzela victim. - Dirty Tackle -

No comments:

Post a Comment