Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet Lady, My Dog...and Germany Supporter



This is my dog Lady. She is half German Shepherd and a die hard fan of the German national team. Her favorite player is Bastian Schweinsteiger but she also admires the goal scoring prowess of Miroslav Klose. She is hoping for Germany to redeem themselves after World Cup 2006 and Euro 2008 where they lost to Spain in the final. She wasn't even alive during that period, but it burns deep in her instincts.

Where she got those flags...I have no idea. Her excitement for the tournament has been escalating during the past couple weeks. When I tell her to grab me a brew, the only beer she will fetch are German imports. At night I get woken up from her barking and running around while Rommstein and David Hasselhoff are playing on my computer....why I have Hasselhoff on my computer I don't know, his jacket littered with light bulbs is irresistible. Also, getting her to go on walks without lederhosen is difficult. During the next month, look for local meat markets and Auntie Anne's to be running low on weisswurst and pretzels.

Prost!

1 comment: