Monday, May 10, 2010

Steven Gerrard Says Thanks but No Thanks


Captain Fantastic Steven Gerrard showed off his true frustrations with Liverpool's lackluster season on Sunday while adoring fans surrounded him at the end of the match. He wasn't playing anywhere near his best all season. Could his alleged off-field extracurriculars be the reason for snapping at the fan? That would be unfortunate. I can just see it now, wife Alex Curran walking into the bedroom to see hubby Steve sexting high school girls. Man I hope that isn't true, he has an amazing career, millions of dollars, endorsements, and bombshell wife...dude, come on. But on the flip side of that, I would be pissed if a bunch of randoms were grabbing and pulling at me. 

Will Liverpool's skipper even stay at Anfield? Word is that Man City is ready to scratch a $40 Million pound check for his services, along with other clubs like Intern Milan and Chelsea. This is the only time I have felt that the possibility of him leaving Liverpool could actually happen. Not being involved in the Champions League and the whole mess with ownership and Rafagate always in the headlines.

I would be bummed, I'll let everyone know right now that Liverpool FC is my favorite club, and seeing the foundation of the team be shipped out would be heartbreaking. Hopefully the summer will be kind to the Reds and see them back to winning ways in 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment