Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Chaaammmpiioonnnss!



Yesterday's Champions League final didn't live up to it's usual sexy-ness, but it was still awesome for many reasons.

One, I still don't have cable at my place but I was still able to watch it thanks to FOX broadcasting it live on a national network for the first time in all the glory that is High Definition. It was so Hi-Def that I thought I could actually see Ivica Olic's head ready to explode. His jersey was sooo tight it had to of been cutting off his circulation. I did have some issue's with FOX's broadcast, and that would be the duo of Bruce Arena and Eric Wynalda. I didn't mind Curt Menefee because for being the NFL guy there he was the only person I didn't want to hit the mute button for. Bruce Arena looked like he wanted to hide when the camera was on him and was mumbling and Eric Wynalda is like Skip Bayless, a pompous ass who's head can't fit in the booth with everyone else. I was also glad to have Martin Tyler and Andy Gray call the match. They know what they are talking about and it felt like I was watching a EA Sports FIFA game. Good times. I hope FOX continues to broadcast the final in the future. 

It was funny, I played a game of FIFA 2010 before the match, I was Bayern and the computer was Inter. Diego Milito scored 2 goals and I lost....yes, to the computer. So when Milito scored those two goals I just laughed. Also....he looks like Al Pacino. 

Speaking of Diego Milito, he was absolutely clinical. He is confident when he has the ball and it showed in both goals. In the first, he stutter stepped a bit and waited for the right moment to finish. The second goal he embarrassed defender Daniel van Buyten. I'm excited to see how Diego Maradona will use him in the World Cup.

I think Cristian Chivu and Petr Cech should battle for skullcap supremacy. I can't believe the guy was playing with it not buckled up. The man has some serious stones.


One person I could have gone without watching in this game was Goran Pandev. It looked like he was playing on ice. Every person who breathed in his general direction sent him tumbling, and people think Cristiano Ronaldo is dramatic. Pandev makes Michael Phelps blush.

Bayern was much better in the second half and I really thought they were going to even the score. Robin was bouncing around the field causing some real issues for Inter's back line. It's too bad that no one else was really stepping up to compliment his efforts. He was also sporting those brand new Adidas F50 adizero's.

Props to Jose Mourinho as well. He may be brash and diva-esque at times but you can't deny that the man comes in a gets the job done. He did it with Porto, Chelsea, and now Inter. It's like he has a magnet under those expensive suits and silverware comes from all directions. His bags are already packed and on the plane to Madrid. He is the missing piece in their Galactico's puzzle. Man I need to get cable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment