Sunday, August 15, 2010

Arsenal fans ALWAYS have hope

Freaking Goooners....

I don't know how many times I've seen it. Enough times where I would feel safe to throw down some money and bet on it.......and probably win 75% of the time. What exactly would this bet be?

Arsenal ALWAYS score in the last five minutes of a match....but only if they are trailing. Over the past 2-3 years I have noticed it more and more and today they struck again in the 90th minute against my beloved Liverpool. They are the only team that does this on a consistent basis. It's amazing.

I went to the watch the game at Brits Pub in downtown Minneapolis with my girlfriend. The game was getting in the later minutes and I turn to my girl and say, "you can never trust a lead against Arsenal, they always are a threat to score in the last 5 minutes." Sure enough, a ball gets sent into the box and Pepe bobbles it... it proceeds to roll right in the back of the net. Like clockwork.

If anyone who reads this is a betting man and is looking for a little late drama, don't even think twice about NOT putting a bet down on Arsenal leveling or taking the lead in the last 5 minutes. I won't be able to log into Paddy Power fast enough.

There are 37 more league games to go and who knows how many cup/tournament games Arsenal have left....but chalk today down as the first of the season. We here at Calcio Covenant headquarters will keep a tally for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment